Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Father.

Father
Day after day
You come home as the sun goes to sleep.
You’re wondering why the lights are off;
You look at the clock,
It’s pretty damn late.

You walk to the dogs,
And kiss them goodnight.
You walk into your room
To let out a sigh.
You let out a sigh of disbelief.
You’re thinking why,
Why is life so hard on me?

You take off your boots,
Walk into my room.
You call out my name with no response.
I am sleeping, but I can sense your presence.
Wake up, you fool.

He leaves as he lets out a little cry.

I thought to myself,
Sometimes all you need
Is someone to tell you
Three simple words
That everyone struggles to speak
But it’s so easy to take in;
I love you.

I heard the footsteps become louder as he made his way back to my room.
He opened the door and said, “I love you.”
I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment