I’m a hot shot musical artist on Earth. My band, Solstice, people like to call us the new Beatles. It’s 2469 and I’ve been invited to a party on mars…
“Mom! I’m going to Mars now! Bye” The door slammed tight, I stepped into my Martisantoni ™ spaceship, switched it on, and set the auto pilot to 23 degrees latitude and 89 degrees longitude on Mars. I had a party to go to and I didn’t want to miss it. My Martisantoni took off, and within seconds, I was in space. The twinkling stars surrounding me, I could see the sun in the distance; brighter than ever. Space ships of all different shapes and sizes, coming from all planets were invited to this festivity. I was very excited too see what kind of Extra Terrestrials I could come into contact with. How many speak English? How many of them like cotton candy? How many of them like eyeballs? Sitting in my spaceship, listening to Rise Against, I was drinking my guice; bananacranberry flavor. I landed…
I walked into the lobby; lights, jackets, people. I gave my coat to the Butler and slowly walked into the ballroom; immediately, I smelt the scent of fresh air. It was unlike anything I had ever smelt before because on earth, stupid people abuse the blue planet and the air is intoxicated with fossil fuels and carcinogens. But on Mars, where there is little or no air; whatever air that exists on the red planet is clean and fresh. It was good. I sat down on a glossy, purple chair; the butler who took my coat with two arms now had twenty-seven arms. I was scared, he offered many plates of food; some including eyeballs, hair with eyeballs, honey covered cockroach, and much more. I did not want to seem ungrateful so I accepted the eyeballs. Why? Eyeballs are pure protein, and a growing man needs his protein. I dug in.
I looked up, three or four eyeballs stuffed into my mouth; they tasted very good. Over in the center of the ballroom, Cyclops’s, three eyed monsters, monsters with no eyes, monsters covered in hair, were all dancing and falling all over the floor.
I looked beyond the appalling dancers, there was an odd lime green and orange couple sitting together, alone, in the corner. As creepy as it sounds, I decided to focus my attention on them; to see the wonders of extra terrestrial love. There they were, six tongues acting intimately together. It was disgusting, but so fascinating; I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. All of a sudden, the lime green fellow starts to change colors; from yellow, to red, to purple, to black; faster and faster until his entire body was made up of an abundance of colors. I thought to my self, “wait! I’ve seen this before!” And so I whipped out my “Extra-Terrestrial Handy Dandy Handbook.” The correct term for that color changing species is known as a “Florg” here on Mars. But back on Earth, a florg is a piece of grass according to Sahar Rabbat, the “great” one. What was explained under Florg was, “Florgs appear in many different colors, and change color depending on emotion. Yellow = Happy, Orange = Sad…” and so on.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I must sya that I like how the small paragraph you showed was in fact the ending of this. All through out it I expected it to magically pop up in the middle and there it was at then end. The one question I have is why is the Florg changing emotions all of a sudden? Or is the love screwing with the mechanism? I'm also curious how smart all these aliens are or if we're even to high minded to recognize intelligence? And if he's part of the next Beatles, why is he living wiht his Mom? It does seem like a good story, and those are just some questions and comments I thought of.
ReplyDelete